Wafer Down Jacket
|Typical Operating Temperature:||0°C (32°F)|
|Construction:||Stitch-through for lightness|
A super-light jacket that offers much more in camp or bivvy than a fleece. It's lighter, warmer and windproof, as well as taking up one third as much space in your pack (you could squash twenty Wafer jackets into your 20 litre day-sac: try that with twenty fleeces!).
This is the ideal warmer for spring or autumn camping, when that cold little evening wind makes the sunny afternoon a distant memory. And if the night's a bit colder than you expected, keep the Wafer jacket on inside your bag: a definite booster, particularly if you've got the Wafer trousers on too.
- Ideal companion in a cool camp, bothy, or hut.
- Pack without noticing the weight (or the bulk).
- Midlayer to boost warmth: warmer than a fleece weighing more than twice as much, and windproof too.
- Add performance to your sleeping bag.
|Wafer Down Jacket Compared|
|Weight (gm)||Packed Bulk (cu.cm)|
|Wool Sweater (av)||400||2400|
Note: Fabrics as thin as 10X do not stand up well to direct abrasion, so we do not recommend our Wafer gear as actual climbing outerwear. But for all its thinness 10X is amazingly downproof and windproof and with reasonable care will go on giving you good service for years.
- Outer & Inner fabric 10X
- Pockets: 2 zipped hand-warmer pockets.
- Full length front zip backed by under-baffle
- Lycra edging on hem and cuffs
- Stuff sac – size 0 (10 x 18cm)
- Optional stud on hood with Lycra edging: (Adds 30 grms) +£30.00.
"PHD's super-lightweight Wafer Down Jacket is a third less bulky than a fleece, offering superior standby warmth without taking up the space". Wanderlust Magazine, Oct 2013.