Alpamayo Waterproof Jacket
|Colour:||Orange or Black|
Now with YKK Aquaseal zips on the chest pockets!
Our redesigned Alpamayo Jacket takes advantage of modern materials to give genuine extreme-weather protection and still come out 15% lighter than before.
The jacket is made with our HS3 3-layer fabric, lighter, more waterproof and more breathable than its Tempest predecessor. The two-way centre front Riri Aqua zip is covered by a storm flap with Velcro closure and the wired peak on the hood provides effective protection when closed down with or without a helmet.
With two large chest pockets and good arm-lift this is a deliberately simple piece of kit designed for hassle-free use in action. A lightweight jacket, but one you can take with confidence into extreme situations.
Also available in a lighter 'smock' style
Weight shown (590g) is for size: L.
- High-performance HS3 fabric: a ripstop, waterproof, 3-layer laminate. Read more about this fabric.
- 2 large chest pockets with YKK Aquaseal zips
- 1 smaller pocket inside with key holder
- Single storm baffle with Velcro closure over a two-way front Riri Aquazip
- Full length under baffle
- Fully adjustable waist cord
- Adjustment cord at the hem
- Velcro closure on rubber cuff tabs
- Grown on hood with stiffened peak
- Hood: large (for helmet) with size adjuster
- Hood adjustment cords held in extended cord channels
- Reflect on the hood peak for night location
- Set Options:
"The material feels durable but soft and its ample dimensions made it a pleasure to wear. Its waterproof (and windproof) qualities were first rate and tested to their fullest during a particularly unpleasant spell in the Alps weatherwise. The inside layer also feels like it isn't going to flake away as often happens. The hood is supported by a wire which makes it particularly useful when the going gets wet and windy. . . . Overall, a top notch jacket which does the job excellently , looks very smart" Mark Dodwell, Director Access-Adventure Ltd, and UILMA Guide.