Diamir Down Sleeping Bags
Nick Lewis, Jim Hall, Paul Ramsden and Andy Kirkpatrick used Diamir bags on winter ascents in Patagonia. They called them "the best bag (we) have ever used".
Sir Ranulph Fiennes used Diamir bags in the Arctic. He called the kit "superb".
The Diamir down sleeping bag range takes specialised mountaineering and expedition bags to a new level with the use of PHD's exceptional 800 fill power down and inner Drishell panels at head and foot. The Diamir represents the benchmark for expedition down sleeping bag standards.
Cut roomy enough for comfort, and for stashing vulnerable kit overnight with you, these bags are well suited to long periods in remote camps. The trapezoid baffles provide a lightweight method of achieving excellent down control, aided by vertically-oriented chest baffles that prevent any chance of down migration.
The Drishell outer is highly water-repellent and helps to keep the down dry and lofting. The Drishell inner panels in the hood and foot area also protect the down. A large 3D shaped collar, side V channels to insulate the side seams, double draft tube behind the zip, and closely-boxed foot section form part of a formidable list of technical specifications.
Design Details include:
- Wind and water resistant Drishell outer
- Drishell inner panels at head to protect against breath soaking the down
- Drishell panels at inner foot to cope with damp feet/footwear
- Full length zip (left or right) with double draft tube
- Side V channels: Down filled channels along each side ensure insulation and extra outer/inner differential allows full loft
- Cowl hood: Close fitting with drawcord
- Collar: Wide 3D collar in Drishell with drawcord
- Footpiece: Ovoid shape to fit naturally to feet & avoid pressure; multibox section covers whole foot area