Winter Solstice Competition
To celebrate, we offered one of our superb Minimus Down Vests worth £349 as the prize in our Winter Solstice competition.
Congratulations to the winner, Peter Saville.
The answers were:
- Q: In what year was PHD Launched? A: 1998. Quite a few of you guessed 1962, which was the year our founder, Peter Hutchinson, started Mountain Equipment. More on our history.
- Q: Are our Double Down Suits our lightest down suits. A: Yes. The biggest innovation in down suit design for 45 years: Comprising a two-piece outer for the summit push to 8000+m and a lightweight inner suit to wear right up to 7000m.
- Q: Can we make our -38°C Denali Down Jacket in a fully taped waterproof shell? A: Yes. An optional, fully waterproof taped outer shell (in our Dri-LX fabric) can be selected to protect the down on long and arduous expeditions.
- Q: Is our 10°C M.Degree 100 Down Sleeping Bag our lightest Sleeping Bag? A: No. Although it weighs an incredible 240g, our 10°C Delta Race 100 Bag is 40g lighter, making it probably the lightest sleeping bag in the world.
- Q: Does our Filler Down Sleeping Bag adds up to 10°C to the warmth of a lightweight sleeping bag? A: Yes. It's also a 15°C sleeping bag in its down right.
- Q: We can custom size virtually all our clothing. How many sizes can we lengthen or shorten our clothing by? A: 2 sizes. For example we can make you a jacket with a medium body and extra long arms. More on our custom-sized clothing.
- Q: Which mountain is pictured below? A: Stok Kangri. One of the destinations on our Gear Advisor website.